Kids Can SewClasses are offered on a weekly basis for 1 hour. While sewing machines and tools are provided, students bring fabric for the projects, allowing for unique, creative, and one-of-a-kind designs! Learning to sew is a useful and life-long skill; RoJenDesigns is a relaxed, fun, and stress-free place to learn this skill.
The 1st Year Student Pattern Packets teach students how to:
New student Supply Fee is $35 and $40 for Curriculum/book feeThe total cost is $585 for 36 weeks. If the tuition is paid in full for the year, the $40 curriculum/book fee is waived.
- follow sewing written sewing terms & directions
- how to press using an iron, determine pattern size, top stitch, thread elastic, how to thread and use the sewing machine, how to construct and complete a wearable garment.
- use a paper pattern & cut out the fabric
- And the following: make casings, hem, make a facing, pivot stitch, back-tack, make a slit, clip around curves, work from the fold line, measure from the straight of grain, use notches, pin, press, measure seam allowance, topstitch, use a tape measure, use a seam gauge and other equipment, chalk talk.
- Tuition is $65 a month for 9 months Weeks in a month will vary from 2-5 weeks, but there will be 36 weeks of instruction.
Classes will be held on Thursdays with the times of:
2:00 - 3:00 pm
3:30 - 4:30 pm
4:40 - 5:40 pm
Class dates are:
August 23, 30
September 6, 27
October 4, 11, 18, 25
November 1, 8, 15, 29
December 6, 13, 20
January 10, 17, 24, 31
February 7, 14, 28
March 7, 14, 21, 28
April 4, 11, 25
May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
(These add up to 34 weeks, but additional dates are offered)
No class on:
September 13 & 20 (Rori will be on vacation)
November 22 (Thanksgiving)